Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sketchbook

I've been playing around with Autodesk Sketchbook on our Asus tablet PC. It's a perfect fit for me. I love that I can just grab it and sketch like a regular piece of paper, it's not as big and bulky as a Cintiq, and while I still don't know all the bells and whistles to Sketchbook, it's pretty intuitive and great for quick studies and simple values and line work. Photoshop is still great for paintings, but it sometimes feels too bulky for getting stuff right out of my head and quickly sketched out. Sketchbook's brushes and default settings get me right to work, taking the place of loose thumbnail drawings that I have to scan later. Here's a few quick studies I've done for a what started out as an idea for a children's book but is quickly becoming something a lot more epic in nature.These are very loose sketches, probably a few minutes each, I don't consider any of them finished, just trying to get better and faster with the software and also get the ideas out of my head while I still have them.





























No comments:

Post a Comment