Monday, July 6, 2009

Robert Heinlein's Mobile Infantry


Like King Kong and LOTR was for Peter Jackson, and the Titanic was for James Cameron, the Starship Troopers novel is my passion. I first read the book when I was 11, and I've been designing it's spaceships, worlds, aliens, and powered armor suits ever since. While enjoyable in its own right, the movie of the same name has almost nothing to do with the book, and I hope to someday correct this error. A game document and levels I created were my de facto senior thesis, and I've written no less than separate 5 game documents on the subject: a main game and four sequels. To distance myself from the continuously awful movie franchise, I've wrapped my stories around the label of "Robert Heinlein's Mobile Infantry". Someday, if I keep at it, I'll be able to create these games or at least bring the actual story from the novel to the big screen...

No comments:

Post a Comment